:-) A Smile and a Prayer †
"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon, instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today."
Dale Carnegie (1888-1955) Scottish-born American industrialist
A Smile and Roses Go Together!
A smile cost nothing, but gives so much. It enriches those who receive it, without making poorer those who give it. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.None is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it, and none is so poor but that he can be made rich by it. A smile creates happiness in the home, fosters goodwill in business, and is the countersign of friendship. It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and it is nature's best antidote for trouble. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.
"Thinking of You"
The days of cloud or sunshine
The moments that we share
The timely word, the thoughtful line,
The note that says "I care" -
Mean more to me than I can say,
So it's time, I think, you knew
How much it brightens up my day
To have a friend like you!
† Heaven's Grocery Store †
As I was walking down life's highway many years ago.I came upon a sign that read Heavens Grocery Store. When I got a little closer the doors swung open wide. And when I came to myself I was standing inside. I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere. One handed me a basket and said,"My child shop with care." Everything a human needed was in that grocery store. And what you could not carry you could come back for more.
First I got some Patience.
Love was in that same row.
Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom and Faith a bag or two.
And Charity of course, I would need some of that too.
I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost,It was all over the place.
And then some Strength and Courage to help me run this race.
My basket was getting full but I remembered I needed Grace.
And then I chose Salvation for Salvation was for free.
I tried to get enough of that to do for you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill. For I thought I had everything to do the Masters will. As I went up the aisle I saw Prayer and put that in. For I knew when I stepped outside,I would run into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful, the last things on the shelf.
Song and Praise were hanging near so I just helped myself.
Then I said to the angel, "How much do I owe?" He smiled and said,"Just take them everywhere you go."Again I asked "Really now, how much do I owe?"
"My child "he said, "God paid your bill a long, long time ago.
LIFE IS PRECIOUS
1. It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know.
2. A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.
3. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit with on a porch, swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
4. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
5. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone- but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
6. Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.
7. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
8. Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the person too.
9. A careless word may kindle strife; a cruel word may wreck a life; a timely word may level stress; a loving word may heal and bless.
10.The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
11.Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss,ends with a tear.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Send this to your friends and send it back to the person who sent it to you. Print this out and keep it in your pocket or purse and pull it out whenever you need a hint for Life.
Always remember - Life is precious, don't let it slip by.
A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily trek to the elementary school. As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with thunder and lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school and she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child. Following the roar of thunder, lightning, like a flaming sword, would cut through the sky. Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove along the route to her child's school. As she did so, she saw her little girl walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up and smile. Another and another were to follow quickly and with each the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile. When the mother's car drew up beside the child she lowered the window and called to her, "What are you doing? Why do you keep stopping?" The child answered, "I am trying to look pretty. God keeps taking my picture." May God bless you today as you face the storms that come your way. And don't forget to SMILE !